Sunday 30 August 2015

Unbecoming - Jenny Downham (Book Review)

30/08/2015

Hey guys, I know on the last blog post I said that I was going to be doing a make up review, but a lot of stuff had happened after I posted that blog, and I was really feeling down and felt like I couldn't come on here and update the blog pretending to be happy, as I don't want to be like that to you guys. I'm feeling slightly better now, but I am happy enough to make a blog post. I recently got another book from the people that I review books for. I thought I would give you guys my review as you may be interested in reading it. I also purchased four new books lately called Deathnote: Black Edition I, Tokyo Ghoul, If I Stay and Where She Went. I fully reccomend all of these books as they are amazing. If you haven't already seen the film, If I Stay, then I also fully recommend that film as well. This is only becuase I thought it really touched my heart and makes you realise how lucky you are to have the things in life that you have.

The book I reviewed this time was called Unbecoming by Jenny Downham. Some of you may know who she is from her other book called Before I Die. In my opinion, I think Jenny is an amazing author, and if you liked her other book then you sure are going to like this one. Below is my review, and I promise I will try to post that make up review, as I also bought some more make up today.

Parts of this book had made me feel like I was lucky to have some of the things I do have. For instance, when Katie met her grandmother, she didn't even know who she was. I felt like I was lucky enough to have a grandmother I knew. This book was so addictive because it would carry some of the story onto different chapters, this meant you would always want to know what happened next. One slight problem I had with this book, was that it was in third person. I usually find books in third person harder to read as they can get confusing sometimes, when they switch between different characters minds. This had made it slightly harder for me to read. I however do recommend this book to anyone who likes any of Jenny Downham's books, or likes books about teen romances.

Thanks for reading :)

I'm awake, and now sleeping x

No comments:

Post a Comment